What is a Smart Grid?
“An automated, widely distributed energy delivery network characterized by a two-way flow of electricity and information, capable of monitoring and responding to changes in everything from power plants to customer preferences to individual appliances.”
What are Smart Grid features?
- Fully automated power delivery network that monitors and controls electricity flows
- two-way flows of electricity and information between the power plant and the appliance, and all points in between
- lowered carbon footprint and reduced emissions, increased access to renewable energy resources (like solar and wind)
- Use of digital technology(smart digital meters – prepaid meters) to save energy, reduce cost and increase reliability
- reduced disruptions, improved efficiency and better asset utilization
What is Smart Grid vision for India?
- End of Load Shedding: Peak load shifting through a combination of direct control and differential pricing .
- Reliable Power: Robust systems with self-healing capabilities; first step is improved monitoring
View original post 214 more words